Sunday, May 25, 2014

Run Andrew Run :-)

And I did ...

... here's a snap of me at the end of today's Edinburgh Marathon, which I'm really delighted to report I completed in 4hours and 49minutes :-)

My private-target at the start of the event had been 4hrs 50mins, so I really am pleased with the time I've achieved :-))

I really cant thank everyone enough, who has helped, encouraged and supported me over the last 12-months ... far too many folk, and organisations, to list here: but HUGE THANKS to each and every one of you!

And - most importantly - I've managed to raise a fair bit of money for the truly wonderful Venture Scotland ... of course, it's not too late if you still want to help in that regard?? --- just follow this link and/or you can donate by text :-)

I'm feeling a bit sore now, but also elated to have run a sub 5-hour Marathon in my 50th year ... there's life in the old-dog yet :-)

I'll go over to see my Dad tomorrow evening - and a blip of him providing me with that pint and a fiver will duly follow before the end of the day :-))

THANKS AGAIN to everyone who has helped, encouraged and supported me ... I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: