Sunday, November 24, 2013

Allotment, running (and general) update

Pretty busy weekend of work-related commitments and deadlines ...

... but we did manage to catch some (brief) time at the Allotment, very late yesterday afternoon.

Pleased to report that all was in reasonably good order, and thought this Allotment-tree (from the edge of the Saughton Mains site) was looking rather splendid in the last of the day's sunshine :-)

Winter is most definitely on the way.

Regular readers will have noticed that the blog is slightly less-frequently updated these days - purely down to pressure of work ...

... but please don't forget there are several other ways to keep up-to-date (if you're so interested?!) with what I'm actually up to:

  • I keep my twitter-account regularly updated, and anyone can access that here
  • by all means tweet me, if you want to publicly flag-up an issue with me - but it would help me enormously if you followed up any specific request for information with an e-mail to andrew.burns@edinburgh.gov.uk
  • I'm extremely lucky to have several (excellent) staff, who help me out with e-mails; and you will get a response with 10-working days, absolute maximum
  • I'm on facebook as well - you can access that account here - but it is really just a feed for the blog/twitter/blipfoto accounts ... that said, I will respond to comments, as appropriate
  • and my running-exploits, which are most definitely going to be time limited from last May through to next May's Edinburgh Marathon, can all be accessed via my blipfoto account here ... and I'm pleased to report that I'm currently up to 14-miles (and still surviving - just!); so only another 12-miles to add-on now :-(
  • if you're so-minded; you can sponsor me for the 2014 Edinburgh Marathon via my JustGiving page here ... and all the monies go to the wonderful Venture Scotland :-)

And, a general reminder, that all of the accounts: twitter/facebook/blipfoto, also have permanent links in the right-hand side bar!

Of course - if you want to speak to me face-to-face ... and live in Ward 9 Fountainbridge/Craiglockhart ... then just come and visit me at one of my three, weekly surgeries: all details here.

Hope this all helps :-))


No comments: