Friday, October 28, 2011

Campbell Christie

I was really upset to hear of Campbell Christie's death earlier today ...

... when I came back to Scotland in the early 1990's, I was very involved with many of the pro-devolution campaigns - several of which Campbell chaired or was a prominent part of.

I got to know him quite well in those years running up to the 1997-vote and the eventual establishment of the Parliament in 1999.

I also had some more recent dealings with Campbell, during his time as Chair of British Waterways (Scotland), as Ward 9 (Fountainbridge/Craiglockhart) which I represent has a large canal-presence!

Appreciate many have said this today - but not only was Campbell a committed public servant but he was primarily a thoroughly, thoroughly decent human being. He was a complete inspiration to me personally in the early 1990's ...

... all my thoughts are with his family and friends.

No comments: