Monday, October 11, 2010

Nursery closures

I've been getting a bit of stick from colleagues about my earlier post on the issue of the three Nursery closures coming up to Committee tomorrow ...

... isn't one of the reports about a 'decant' and not a closure??

Well, if anyone wants to wager with me that Westfield Court Nursery School will be absolutely closed in the very near future, then please do get in touch and we can discuss some odds!

It's a bet I'd love to lose, but I'm not expecting any of those complaining bitterly that this is 'only a decant' to take me up on my offer ... more depressing still, I'm not expecting to lose any such bet, from any quarter, in the near future either :-(

Needless to say, no real people (parents!) have any doubts about what the report tomorrow actually means ... and, as several of them have pointed out, it does seem bizarre that health and safety concerns have all of a sudden become so urgent ---

--- especially when they can find no note of these issues ever having been raised by Her Majesty's Inspectorate of Education; indeed the last integrated inspection was positively glowing in its general praise of every aspect of the school.

No comments: