Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Lib-Dem defection - not in Edinburgh :-((

A colleague in Midlothian has just e-mailed me a 'Midlothian Labour Group' News Release about a sitting Lib-Dem Councillor who has defected to Labour - it reads:

"After a great deal of forethought, and a considerable amount of soul searching, Councillor Katie Moffat has decided to join the ranks of the Labour Group. This addition to their numbers means Midlothian is now a Labour-controlled authority with 10 Labour members, 6 SNP and 2 Lib Dems.

Councillor Moffat said “This is not a decision I have taken lightly and it is with difficulty and a heavy heart that I have relinquished my membership of the Liberal Democrats."

I want to know urgently if Katie Moffat knows of any like-minded colleagues on Edinburgh Council??

... one can but hope ;-))

No comments: