Tuesday, May 06, 2008

No school meals here

Well, despite my earlier predictions of 'lots more to come' ... I wasn't expecting this - I see in my favourite local paper today that on-site, cooked school meals are to be axed from several Primary Schools ... and Nurseries :-(

I'm not aware that this move has been sanctioned by any Committee of the Council, and I'm also not aware that it was contained in the SNP/Lib Coalition Budget passed in February ...

... mind you, the current Coalition do have a bit of a track-record, when it comes to making decisions on-the-hoof about schools meals - see this story and blog entry from last December; all about an idea which was quickly shelved after the unsurprising parental outcry.

Now, surely they wouldn't be stupid enough to resurrect that would they??

No comments: