Tuesday, November 13, 2007

British booze culture

Could be in danger here of coming across all sanctimonious ... but I do think, as I've mentioned before, that the 'booze-culture' is pretty appalling in the UK.

As good friends know only too well, I like a social drink as much as the next person ... but when you read the lead BBC Health story today, you surely have to conclude there's a serious problem in the making here?

I'm not though currently convinced on the price-rise issue - it is already pretty expensive here in the UK - but I remain open to the arguments ...

... but I am wholly supportive of potential moves to try and bar advertising of alcohol before 9pm ... as many now seem to be suggesting. Would that really damage the advertising industry irreparably ... I suspect not?

No comments: