Monday, June 18, 2007

Neighbourhood Partnership meeting

Neighbourhood Partnership (NP) informal meeting this afternoon ... I've mentioned these new bodies before - here - and despite the lack of any seniority being given to the Convener, the 12 NP groupings are now pressing ahead and trying to set up formal meetings etc.

Personally, I really welcome this - I do feel the NP's could be a bit of a quiet revolution in the way the Council does business.

The one I'll be involved in covers both the Fountainbridge/Craiglockhart Ward and the Sighthill/Gorgie Ward ... thus, 7 elected Members and (I believe?) 7 Community Council representatives - along with partners from Police, Health and Voluntary Sector.

Anyhow, informal meeting of the NP this afternoon has now agreed an outline timetable for a Business Meeting - involving all the Partners mentioned above - and then a first, full Public Meeting in August.

All cannot happen soon enough as far as I'm concerned.

No comments: