Saturday, May 05, 2007

Elected - eventually!

Eventually got the Ward 9 Fountainbridge/Craiglockhart result about 6pm Friday - and was very relieved to be successfully re-elected. Results here.

Pleased to have received so many 1st preferences - nearly cleared the quota at first count - not quite, but surely next time!

Congratulations to Gordon Buchan (who did clear the quota at first count!) and Jim Lowrie (who benefited from a healthy influx of transfers) which enabled him to secure the third elected spot. Many commiserations to Denis Dixon, who just missed out - I'm sure he'll be back again.

I have to say, knowing both Gordon and Jim, I'm looking forward to working with them in the new three-Member Ward ... despite the fact that they are a Tory and Liberal respectively ;-))

Very important to add here that only 0.86% of the ballots cast (87 of 10,057) in Ward 9 (under STV) were spoiled ... more about that later - right now, I need a bit of rest ;-((

... and thank you to everyone (of whatever political persuasion) who supported me, and helped me get through the election - you can be certain I'll do my very, very best to repay your trust in the next four years.

No comments: