Sunday, April 08, 2007

Bolton Abbey visit

Back in Edinburgh, after an all-too-brief couple of family days in Yorkshire ... I know, I know, should have been stuffing those envelopes (I will be tomorrow, honest).

Very pleasant visit to Bolton Abbey yesterday - in the middle of an absolute heatwave down South - and a thoroughly enjoyable afternoon spent on the local steam railway (which all the kids loved) and then wondering slowly around the Sculpture Trail within the grounds.

Everyone particularly liked this sculpture situated in one of the many streams running into the River Wharfe.

Rest of the family still away until this Friday; so microwave is again on emergency standby ... that's if I get any time to eat at all of course, given the amount of electioneering to be undertaken ;-))

2 comments:

Sarah Smith said...

Hi! Really happy you liked my sculpture - "The Keystone" at Bolton Abbey - yes I am the creator - the Yorkshire sculptor Sarah Smith. Not sure you intended to give positive feedback to me but this technology works and I got the message so thanks!

To view more of my scultures visit:
www.sarahsmith.org.uk

Andrew said...

Sarah

Amazing - I'd never have thought you would have seen that post!

Everyone loved the walk and the sculptures - The Key Stone was clear favourite.

Best of luck with your work ...

Andrew