Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Achievement Awards & Edinburgh University

Bit of preparation for the annual Achievement Awards this morning ... main event to be held on the 1st November, so not far away now. Seems it will be a bit of a lively, fun, informal evening - not the type of evening I ever had in my last role! - so very much looking forward to it all.

Later this afternoon, helped with a lecture session for Edinburgh University Law Diploma students - been something I've assisted with for 4 or 5 years now ... helping out on a course run by a Council staff-member from the Committee Services section.

I do have a terrible habit, only at these closed-door events I hasten to add, of being ridiculously open in terms of my views on all things political. I may have been just a little too frank about how much I admire (NOT) first-past-the-post as an electoral system ... oops.

No comments: